Vice President of Sales
Since 2011 Minnetonka based Verde Technologies is a privately owned company committed to developing research-based, scientifically proven solutions to reduce drug abuse, misuse and negative environmental impact. The Deterra® drug deactivation system is the industry leading, proven option for safe disposal.
Deterra by Verde Technologies is powered by MAT12 Molecular Adsorption Technology, which deactivates the active chemicals in prescription drugs using proprietary activated carbon at-home. This technology is highly effective in adsorbing and chemically binding pharmaceuticals, rendering them inert and non-retrievable for misuse or accidental exposure and safe for disposal.
The Vice President of Sales will be responsible for leading teams to exceed customer and sales objectives, championing the sales strategy, accelerating growth and customer experience, and building a team of exceptional sales talent.
- Function as a member of the leadership team in the development of successful growth strategies, attainment of scalable revenue and associated profitability, and optimization of the sales organization
- Develop annual sales plan in support of organization strategy and objectives.
- Direct implementation and execution of sales policies and practices.
- Ensure communications are coordinated; support sales plan objectives and meet organizational expenditure requirements in conjunction with the team.
- Build, develop and manage sales team capable of carrying out needed sales and services initiatives.
- Lead sales strategy sessions for named accounts while contributing to and coordinating the execution of the account plans, ensuring the accurate production of account plans, business case preparation, appropriate contract presentation, and the effective delivery of account plan activities.
- Generate sales per assigned accounts according to annual compensation plan and account growth strategy plan
- Consistently demonstrate strong product knowledge and ability to articulate our value proposition
- Prospect for new business – this includes networking, cold calling, database & web research
- Proactively identify, cultivate and secure new customers through industry contacts, relationships, research and targeted initiatives including calling, mailings, tradeshow presence and other appropriate means.
- Develop an understanding of targeted vertical segments and customers in those segments in order to anticipate current and future sales opportunities.
- Maintain detailed account profiles and activities, including statistics, forecasts and reports; and update management on account status, business opportunities on a regular basis.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 8 – 10 years of sales management experience with customers of varied account sizes
- Demonstrated success in closing & growing sales with existing clients
- Excellent presentation, interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prospect accounts, manage accounts, and close deals
- Ability to perform successfully within a fast-paced, results-driven, dynamic and highly collaborative and changing work environment
- A team player with proven ability to listen, extrapolate information and leverage resources to effectively provide solutions to meet customer/prospect needs.
- Proficiency with MS Office and contact management software (i.e. SalesForce.com)
- Ability to travel to trade shows and customer sites as needed
Verde Technologies is an Equal Opportunity Employer: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability