Minneapolis based Verde® Environmental Technologies, Inc., maker of the Deterra® Drug Deactivation and Disposal System is a privately-owned company committed to developing research based scientifically proven solutions to reduce drug abuse, misuse, and negative environmental impact. Deterra can be used at home or in a clinical setting. It is the safest, most effective choice used to destroy and properly dispose of unused, unwanted, and expired medications with the simple addition of tap water.
Deterra is on a mission to reduce drug abuse and negative environmental impact and is the only product available today that is scientifically proven to destroy prescription and over-the-counter medicine, including addictive opioids. Its plant-based packaging and non-toxic ingredients prevent harmful chemicals from entering our landfills and water supplies, making the world safer for everyone.
Verde promotes a culture that engages employees and offers a fun and flexible work environment.
Verde Technologies is seeking a hands-on, energetic, and experienced Business Development Representative to work together as a team with their assigned Business Development Manager to grow sales. This position is primarily responsible for identifying sales opportunities, developing leads, and building identified markets to support sales growth.
- Prospect for new business – this includes networking, cold calling, database & web research.
- Proactively identifying, cultivating, and securing new clients through industry contacts, relationships, Lexis Nexis database research and targeted initiatives including calling, mailings, tradeshow presence and other appropriate means.
- Generate sales per assigned accounts according to annual compensation plan and account growth strategy plan.
- Follow and execute on established sales process for lead nurturing.
- Consistently demonstrate strong product knowledge and ability to articulate our value proposition.
- Understand the of targeted vertical segments and customers in those segments to anticipate current and future sales opportunities.
- Maintain and follow detailed account activities in Salesforce, including activity tracking, opportunity management, forecasting, quote presentation and order generation.
- Work with assigned Business Development Manager to establish priorities and workflow associated with Account Management.
Skills and Abilities:
- Strong written/verbal communication and presentation skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strategic and tactical business planning and execution
- Manage sales/revenue goals and expectations
- Experience in planning marketing/sales strategies and promotional efforts among different vertical markets
- Professional interpersonal skills
- Initiative, self-motivation and self-direction, as appropriate
- Strong business acumen and demonstratable sales successes
Education/ Experience/ Regulatory Knowledge:
- Bachelor’s (Preferred business administration / Marketing) or similar field
- Minimum of 3 years experience of proven significant sales or business development
- Knowledge of Salesforce or similar CRM sales tools, MSOffice Suite
Reports to Vice President of Business Development and will work closely with the Business Development Manager and other sales and marketing support staff.
This positing will initially be remote but is expected to return to normal office conditions upon guidance from the MN Department of Health. Requires flexible schedule and some travel. Must handle own administrative and secretarial support.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Requires a self-starter attitude and results orientation.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature, scope, and level of the work being performed by a person assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties and responsibilities of incumbents.
No phone calls, please. EOE/AA M/F/D/V
Essential functions are the primary job responsibilities in which an employee must be able to perform with or without reasonable accommodation. The list of requirements, duties and responsibilities is not exhaustive but is the most accurate list for the current job. Verde reserves the right to revise the job description as well as to require that other duties be performed as needed.